Skin by [cer] (cer@home.tula.net) Our community
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Pro tools iLok help  (Read 13892 times)
CAC Student

Email
« on: June 14, 2012, 07:23:01 PM »

Hi, I installed my Pro Tools 10 with drives . when I tried to open it it showed me this message appears   Error, missing iLok authorization for "Pro Tools 10".
Please insert the necessary iLok and restart Pro Tools. My iLok's light is on everything. What do I do?
Industry Professional

Think Pro, Be Pro
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 08:16:30 PM »

Hello Jurgen,

Seems to be a case of the drivers not being installed correctly, visit www.ilok.com and download the client software and the drivers, install them and let me know if it worked.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!
CAC Student

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 02:40:15 PM »

Hi Maldwyn, the problem is still there. I have uninstalled and re installed the ilok install shield wizard again and again. When I install it it asked me If I would like to keep the TPKD newer version (recommended) so I say yes. When I do, this appeared : It was interrupted before interlock driver setup x64 could be completely installed your system has not been modified.  I tried re installing it again and not take the recommend one, it finally  installs the software and I restart  my PC, but even after that it still shows this message on the ilok website when I try to download the installer of ilok software, this appears:  Please install the iLok Client Software. We have detected that required software for this site has not been installed. Please download and install the version for your platform.

It seems that the software and driver they provide does not function with my computer. Huh
Industry Professional

Think Pro, Be Pro
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 02:38:36 PM »

You sure having bad luck with this one hey.

It could be blocked by the firewall of your computer, could be one of the catches or possibly something wrong with your OS. Which version fo windows are you using?
CAC Student

Email
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 03:54:44 PM »

Yea it been giving me lots of stress  Cheesy. Its windows 7 home premium. I have Virus issues with this computer, Ill get them removed and fixed. If this still occurs then Ill be in contact. But thanks allot for the help. Smiley
CAC Student

Email
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 05:02:23 PM »

Hi Maldwyn, I have installed the drives and the ilok software. It is on PC, it shows that they are there in my programs. I have seen that my licence is on my ilok from one of the College Macs and it opens it. But on my PC it still gives me this message. Error, missing iLok authorization for "Pro Tools 10". Please insert the necessary iLok and restart Pro Tools. and at the bottom right corner of my PC it ses that it is having difficulty trying to communicate with the core component, that I should re-install the software. which I already did countless times.

PLEASE HELP  Huh
Industry Professional

Think Pro, Be Pro
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 05:12:54 PM »

Hi Jurgen,

You really having a great time with this ilok.

It seems you having a blocking side or something between the ilok and Pro Tools. What is the error number you get with Pro Tools? or copy the message word for word and Ill see what I can find out.

I think you should log this case with our Help Desk, visit our site: www.segma.co.za, go to support and click on Help Desk.

Let us try give you more help through the help desk.
CAC Student

Email
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 09:57:18 PM »

I found the exact forum were I am experiencing the same problem, its looks like its not just me having ilok issues. http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=313058
Industry Professional

Think Pro, Be Pro
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 04:27:09 PM »

All fixed now Smiley

Here is the details if anyone has the same problem, in short I think its cause the ilok driver you get when you download it isnt 64 bit ready yet but who knows.

Begin by downloading the following file: <http://www.paceap.com/extensions/installers/x64/installx64.zip>

1) From Windows' Add or Remove Programs feature, uninstall any listing of "License Support" and "Interlok driver setup"

2) Reboot the system

3) Disconnect any iLoks connected to the system

4) Run and follow the install instructions of the Tpkdx64Setup.exe file found in the Drivers folder of the installx64.zip file linked here and downloaded. It is very important that no anti-virus or Internet monitoring software (especially Kaspersky) is running.

5) Restart the computer

6) Run and follow the install instructions of the LicenseSupportSetup64.exe file found in the Components folder of the installx64.zip file linked here and downloaded. It is very important that no anti-virus or Internet monitoring software (especially Kaspersky) is running.

7) Restart the computer

Cool Try running the software in need of the iLok license.
CAC Student

Email
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 04:49:34 PM »

Come on crowd let here some noise. N.O.I.S.E, noise for Maldwyn.

This was really a big issue, I almost ended up in a mental institution because of this. Cheesy  Thanks  Maldwyn for the help and support, and for the fun we had playing around on my PC. I salute you. when my Pro Tools started you should have seen me  Shocked, jumping around my room riding on a broom as if I was a cowboy on his horse, hahaha. Na just kidding. Cheesy

Thanks Maldwyn  Cool
CAC Student

Email
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 05:44:27 PM »

Maldwyn is the man!!

Glad you got everything sorted Jurgen! Smiley
Industry Professional

Think Pro, Be Pro
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 06:35:12 PM »

Hey Jurgen,

Its a huge pleasure! Thanks for the super nice comments. Im glad we managed to work it out for you and get it fixed, at least now everyone knows how to fix it.

If you have any other problems let us know and we shall fix Smiley

Cheers!
CAC Student

Email
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 09:40:31 PM »

@ Stefan. Thanks man

@ Maldwyn. Will do Smiley
Administrator

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 09:22:59 AM »

Yeah thanks Maldwyn.

That has sorted a lot of guys out.

Industry Professional

Think Pro, Be Pro
WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 10:59:20 AM »

No thank you Richard for giving us a platform to help everyone through Smiley wouldnt be possible without this forum
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

MySql PHP XHTML CSS
MegaPolis theme by [cer]